As your participants enter into the lives of others and build relationships with the people of Grand Rapids, they’ll experience God working through them
- Assist a neighborhood association by landscaping, painting, cleaning, clearing alleys, working with residents that are shut-ins (seniors that are ill or recovering), and low income persons/families.
- Serve at an assisted living facility doing yard work (mulching, weeding, planting flowers), playing games and visiting with residents.
- Build relationships with kids in the community by playing indoor and outdoor games, making crafts and going on afternoon off site field trips together.
- Enjoy learning about growing food! Participants will be weeding and learning about all different types of crops; many of which go to nourish local people who are in.
- Serve at a therapeutic horse center! Serve the kids and adults that come here that are struggling with social, emotional, physical, and mental disabilities. Maintain the grounds, brush the horses and help to fill the hay barns.
- Help residents by painting addresses on homes, planting flowers, landscaping, and other tasks to beautify their homes. You will get to serve seniors and play with local kids.
- Help the hungry and homeless by sorting donated food products, repackaging food, and serving meals at the local food pantry.
- Help out with various activities around a youth camp including games and activities for the campers, minor painting, landscaping, and other day-to-day tasks!
We have a Local Coordinator there that maintains connections throughout the year with the organizations that we serve so that our service and relationships are sustainable. You may meet them during your week as they pop in and out.
Participants are split up