We are currently exploring these options:
Updated August 18, 2020
- Speaking with location partners about the possibility of expanding the number of sleeping rooms to provide for social distancing in sleeping areas.
- Recruiting extra facility volunteers to assist with increased sanitization and cleaning tasks.
- Providing colored bracelets to participants that designate a person’s comfort level of interaction – From very little interaction desired (red bracelet) to almost all interaction welcomed (green bracelet).
- Expanding mealtimes and creating shifts for separate groups to provide better social distancing practices during mealtimes.
- Analyzing our food preparation procedures at Week of Hope and make necessary changes to ensure food safety since youth groups usually help prepare meals for each other.
- Creating multiple evening program times in shifts and conducting program outside (weather permitting) for separate groups to provide better social distancing practices during program times.
- Keeping youth groups together (including on crews) to help keep people safe. We understand mixing groups is a large part of the relational experience at camp and if this is the safest option, we plan for this to be a temporary change for this year only.
- Limiting the amount of interaction with people at all project sites, including devotions, to decrease exposure of anyone who may be at higher risk including our elderly residents.
- Potentially eliminating the option for residents to attend our Friday evening programs at Workcamps to decrease exposure of anyone who may be at higher risk including our elderly residents.
- Taking each person’s temperature daily at each mission trip location.
- Requiring everyone to wear masks at worksites, in all public places, and at the lodging facility during gatherings and interactions.
- Requiring documentation of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arriving at each mission trip location.
This list is not every possible way our mission trip experiences could be adapted. If you have an idea, we would love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.