Q: What are the qualifications?
- Be at least one-year out of high school by the summer for which you are applying
- Be available from the end of May until early August (the entire time)
- Have a clean driving record (no more than one minor violation or accident in the last three years)
- Agree 100% with our mission: We help youth leaders by providing mission trip experiences where youth encounter Jesus.
- Be an outgoing, mission-minded, people-friendly, hard-working go-getter – ready for a long, hard, and rewarding summer in ministry serving others and Jesus.
Q: Do I pick where I serve?
You do not get to choose where you serve. Based on your skills and the needs of Group Mission Trips, you will be assigned to your camp location(s). Week of Hope staff are in one city for 7 weeks, Workcamp staff travel to 3-4 camps over the course of the summer. You’ll find out where you’ll be serving upon your arrival to Summer Staff Training.
Q: Do I have to attend training?
YES! Training is a high-energy, whirlwind information frenzy! Don’t worry, you will have plenty of time to learn everything you need to know to have a successful summer during those two weeks and you also have a great time! Training begins on Memorial Day, May 29.
Q: Who will be on my crew?
Your crew will consist of people just like you, you’ll meet them at training! Week of Hope crews are 3 people each, Workcamp crews are 4 people each.
Q: Can family and friends serve with me?
Absolutely! If you have family or friends who are interested, have them contact the staffing team. We will get them all set to serve at camp with you, but they’ll keep your camp locations a secret!
Q: How will I get to my camps? Where will we stay between camps?
Each Workcamp crew will have a box truck and a rental car loaded up with all of their supplies to run camp to drive to each camp location. Each Week of Hope crew will have a minivan loaded up with their supplies. Along the way you may stay at a hotel, a friend or family’s house or even a church in the area you are travelling through. All travel and lodging expenses are covered during your time on staff.
Q: What is the application process?
Application > References > Questionnaire > Initial Phone Interview > Video Interview > Final Phone Interview > Offer contingent on background check and motor vehicle report
Q: My youth group is attending camp, can I serve at the same camp as them?
As, you do not get to choose where you serve, you typically will not serve at the same camp as your youth group. Based on your skills and the needs of Group Mission Trips, you will be assigned to your camp location(s).